The Energy Leech is a boss in Duke Nukem Forever.
The Energy Leech appears to be an alien-bred creature placed underwater to protect the Hoover Dam. This giant leech creature is the last obstacle between Duke and his goal of blowing up the Dam to shut down the alien wormhole. It is encountered in the Blowin' the Dam level, and it appears when Duke is about to place the last wall mine on a gate. The creature is massive, uses its own head as a hammer, can fire bolts of electricity and attempts to suck Duke inside itself like a vacuum. When weakened by Duke's fire, it is killed off by the wall mine carefully placed inside its gill.
Similarly to Alien Queen from "Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition", the entire fight takes place underwater. Despite all odds, it is very simple. The strategy is to strafe from left ammo box to the right one, "visiting" the oxygen bubble streams, placed right between them. After taking all the damage, the creature will be open for a strength tap to finish it off.
- A much smaller version of "Energy Leech" has a cameo appearance in the map "My Digs", where the multiplayer trophies are viewed. It is seen in the aquarium, close to the left wall.
- Despite the creature's apparent role as the Dam's (and wormhole's) protector, it actually did help Duke destroying it by smashing through an important gate, allowing the Dam to be soon filled with water.
- The creature also seems to be a second reference to the Alien Queen from "Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition", which also fought underwater and had electric attacks.
- It appears that it had a larger role in earlier version of DNF.
- There was a known glitch that was later patched. If Duke used the Freeze Ray on the Energy Leech, Dukes EGO would be reduced to almost zero while the Energy Leech would be killed instantly.