The Jetpack is an inventory item in Duke Nukem 3D and its ports.
The Jetpack is a large silver device that is worn on the back. It propels the wearer into the air.
Whenever the Jetpack is in operation, it depletes its fuel at a constant rate, regardless of the movement the wearer is performing.
- A Jetpack will always appear on Duke's sprites, even if the player does not have one at the time. It is also the only inventory item to be displayed on Duke's sprites at all.
- Two enemies wear a Jetpack: the Assault Trooper and Assault Captain. However, these enemies will never drop a Jetpack when killed.
- A number of levels are designed with open skies. However, the player cannot exist outside of the map, leading to a flying player being stopped from going outside of the map by invisible walls, even though there is no physical reason why they can't.
- The level Derelict is a particularly good example of this behaviour, as it is possible to attempt to leave the map even without a Jetpack.
- When using God mode the Jetpack's fuel will last illimitately.
The Jetpack in other games Edit
- The Jetpack is featured in almost every port and expansion pack of Duke Nukem 3D.
- Duke Nukem: Time To Kill also features the Jetpack.
- Duke Nukem Mobile: Bikini Project also features the Jetpack.
- Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project also features the Jetpack - It activates automatically when picked up, cannot be turned off, and provides upward thrust only when the "jump" button is pressed.
- Unfortunately, Duke Nukem Forever will not feature the jetpack in singleplayer only in multiplayer.
The Jetpack appears as a usable and enemy item in LameDuke. It behaves exactly the same as the finals, but has a neat-looking flame trail that comes from whatever direction you’re moving and a bad-looking sprite.