The Pig-in-a-Dress is an new female enemy from Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown. She is a crossdressing variation of the Pig Cop wearing a pink maid uniform with L.A.R.D. emblazoned on the chest in stylized red letters. She also has a female voice than normal Pig Cops.
Combat characteristics Edit
The Pig-in-a-Dress holds two gray pistols in each hand. This is the first time Pig Cops are seen without their shotguns. She can shoot three times in one attack, firing with both pistols, resulting in a total of six shots. However, this volley is still weaker than the shotgun blast from a Pig Cop. A reloading pistol sound can also be heard.
She can, inexplicably withstand more damage than the regular armored Pig Cop, but is still killable with two shotgun blasts. Upon death, the Pig-in-a-Dress will leave a pistol, pistol magazine or body armor with full strength.
The Pig-in-a-Dress attacks similarly to regular Pig Cops, in either a standing or crouching position, the second one used in levels to hide it.
Tactical analysis Edit
All of the new enemies encountered in Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown appear only in a few levels of the game and regarding the Pig-in-a-Dress, it appears only in the "Nightmare Zone" level. As with the Pig Cop, a player can stop it from acting using a Chaingun Cannon.
- There are several errors assigned to bad CON coding of the new enemies introduced in Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown.
- The shield spawned by Pig-in-a-Dress is at complete strength which is different compared to the Pig Cop. This error can be explained in CON coding, as the amounts are not defined in the PIGCOP actor itself.
- The Pig-in-a-Dress makes no sound the first time it notices the player. The seeking sound is not editable through normal CON coding.
- The source of its known name "Pig-in-a-Dress" may be questioned to some extent.
- The level they appear on was based on Tomb Raider and the female Pig Cop's wearing dresses and holding two pistols is a homage to Lara Croft.