The RPG (short for Rocket Propelled Grenade) is one of the most powerful weapons in the Duke Nukem series.
A chrome, cylindrical belt-fed weapon that is held like a Sten gun and is capable of firing massively-damaging rockets.
The RPG and ammo for it are rare, which is understandable for such a powerful weapon. Nevertheless, it can often be obtained early in the game as a secret item.
No enemies will drop ammo for this weapon.
Tips and Tricks Edit
- This is one of only four explosive weapons, and as such is one of only four weapons that can blast open cracks in walls. It is always best to keep some ammo for the RPG on standby in case you need to create an explosion.
- This weapon, along with the Devastator, is the weapon of choice when going against larger enemies such as the boss enemies or the Mini Battlelord.
- Unless you really need the firepower, you should try to avoid using this weapon until you encounter one of the aforementioned enemies. Ammo is hard to come by, and you don't want to run out of it when you need it.
- You should never use this weapon at close range. The explosion will hurt you as well as the target. Using the RPG against a Protozoid Slimer latched to your face is, in equal parts: overkill, unnecessary (the Quick Kick does the job much better) and suicidal.
The RPG appears in Lameduke, but has a few differences when compared to the final game’s RPG.The most noticeable of them is that the RPG had a “draw” animation that much be played when the player first hits the fire key. This was probably removed because of how clunky it is. Only the final part of the animation remains in the final game, and even then it has been altered (such as the removal of the hand on top of the gun).
- It was replaced by the Grenade Launcher in Duke Nukem 64.
- In the Sega Genesis port of Duke Nukem 3D it is first found The Incubator.