The RPG is a weapon in Duke Nukem Forever.
The RPG is a large weapon that fires rockets with a large splash radius. It has two firing methods. The first is the standard rocket that is fired normally. The second is a tracking rocket, which is fired by holding the crosshairs over an enemy. It transitions between green, yellow, then red. After turning red, the RPG will fire a tracking rocket at the enemy. Each additional shot fired while maintaining the target in the crosshairs will give the RPG enough time to keep the lock.
The RPG's rockets can be used to do the classic trick known as "rocket jumping". This is done by looking down & firing the weapon as the player jumps. This causes the player to jump higher & farther, but at the expense of health.
The RPG went through various development stages:
- 1997-1998: A strange looking RPG which can be seen in the picture below.
- 1999-2002: An RPG which looked like the original DN3D one.
- 2002-2004: An RPG with a position like the 2006 one but a different texture was used which was also white but more detailed.
- 2006: The RPG uses white textures and shares some similarities with the final version.
- 2009: The RPG uses updated textures and has a different position.