Source Ports are versions of a game that have been modified to allow it to run on a different platform. For Duke Nukem 3D, a number of source ports are available to make the game compatible with modern OS's, most commonly Windows.
- EDuke32 – EDuke32, a port to Windows/Linux/x86_64/Mac OS X. Most actively updated and advanced port.
- Chocolate Duke3D – Chocolate Duke3D, a port to Windows/Linux/MacOS X based on xDuke. Aims to preserve and document the source code for education.
- JFDuke3D – JFDuke3D, by JonoF. Port to Windows/Linux/Other.
- Duke3d_w32 – Rancidmeat port to Windows.
- nDuke - nDuke , a port to Windows based in xDuke 19.7.1 having newschool functions for online play.
- hDuke - hDuke , a port to Windows based in xDuke 19.7.1 have better functions to play online.
- xDuke – xDuke, a port to Windows. Commonly used to play Netgames.
- icculus.org/duke3d – Icculus' port to BeOS/FreeBSD/Linux/Mac OS X/Solaris/Windows/Other.
- PDukeFree - PDukeFree, a port to Windows.
Notice none of these ports will run by themselves; you must have actually purchased the game for some of the necessary files (or at least have the shareware version) to play the game.