You start off with another river of slime just like the river towards the end of Toxic Dump and coincidentally there's another river like this towards the end of the secret level Launch Facility (if you've found it that is). When you come to the mouth of the slime,instead of going over the edge, you might want to get on the right hand platform. If you stay on the platform, you will come upon a pair of double doors. Taking out a couple of Assault Troopers outside and inside the door will reveal a pair of Protective Boots. Take them. It will be helpful in this level as there are several hazards in this level that could damage your health such as the Slime River and the lava pit later on in the level.
When you come out of the small room with the boots, jump down to the right. You will land on a ledge right next to the locked blue door. Depending on your difficulty level, there may or may not be a pig cop here too, so be careful. There is a RPG here you might want or need. Once you pick up the RPG, make your way back following the slime. After a short while, you will see a much faster moving river of slime than the one you are in. Jump to the right at the start of the river of slime; You should see a narrow path going upwards follow it and you will get the Blue Access Card.If you follow the river of slime all the way to the bottom, you will come to a dead end (Later on the dead end will not be there due to an earthquake).
Once you get it go back to the door that requires the Blue Access Card. Once you use the card, the door will drop, and there will be another pig cop waiting to shoot you, so be alert. There is a path in the area right past the blue door, but the room is rather dark - night vision can help here if you feel too lost (or have too dark a monitor); to the left of the passage you will also see the message Night vision will also show you a side room where you can pick up some health and RPG ammo and in this sideroom you will also see the message "Go With The Flow".
When you come to the end of the path, you are left on a ledge rather high up in the level. After you've taken out the various Pig Cops and Assault Troopers, you can either use a Jetpack to go straight to the area with the Cactus and San Andreas Fault gravestone but if you don't have a Jetpack; there's a ledge to the left, jump to there. There are two ways out of here. One ledge you come to has a bridge. That isn't the way you need to go but there is a medikit if you need it. You will want to exit the other way - the one that has a ledge with the cactus you saw earlier on it. Take the jump over to the cactus ledge, and go look at the "San Andreas Fault" gravestone. This will trigger an earthquake, and several major parts of the level will realign, making the place look a lot different when it is finished. When you set off the earthquake, several major parts of the level will go down quite a long ways, creating a huge drop.
The place at the bottom of the earthquake is where you will want to go. If you have a good percentage of health, you can survive the jump, but if you do not have much health at this point, you can reduce the damage by riding one of the slime rivers down to the bottom. There are health packs down there for you to recharge if need be. Once at the bottom of the slime river, go up the stair case to your right. This path contains several Octabrains and Pig Cops, so be careful. Again, night vision will help you spot them. After a short while, you will come to a plateau in the path where you can go several ways.
You will see two different stairway paths; you'll want to take the staircase that continues upwards, There are other areas you can go, but you don't need to go there yet but you can explore them if you like for items. Once you go up the stairway path , you will end up looking down into a room with a fire in the middle. The way out is behind a wall underneath the red & white circle . You open it by "using" the small Red hand image that you see to the right of the door.
Once you open the door, you're in another small walkway. This walkway leaves you in a large circular room with a couple of Octabrains. Take out the Octabrains, as this is a puzzle room, and if you don't kill them, they will come up and get you while you're dealing with the puzzle. In this room you will see a small opening on the floor, with light streaming in. That is the way out, so you need to get yourself shrunk. The first step in the puzzle is to "use" one of the red hand drawings on the wall. This one will raise a wall around the perimeter of the room. Once the stairwell is raised, you need to go up the stairwell. At the top you will see a cross that you can look through to see the outer area of the location you're in. When you look out the window, you will trigger some explosions in the distance, and you will see some of the red walls drop. You need to make sure this has happened. If you don't do this, you won't be able to progress in the level once you escape this room and will have to make your way back to the Puzzle Room to trigger it. After you've dropped the red lava wall in the distance, you should stay on the platform you are on. If you turn around and look behind you, you will see there are two more of those "hand" switches in the room besides the one you've already used. This next step involves a fast move, so you will need to make sure you do it quickly. What you need to do is jump up to the hand closest to you, and flip that. When you do, a section of the floor will start rising under the other hand switch. That is the time to go over there. You don't have a lot of time before the rising platform gets too high to jump on but if you have a Jetpack it won't matter too much since you can just fly to the top. If you miss the rising platform, go back to the switch you used to raise the platform and use it again - the platform will lower, allowing you to raise it again. Once you've gotten up on the platform and can reach the third hand in the room, flip it and then turn around. You will see a shrink ray come at you from the other side of the level. You want to let it shrink you, then you can jump off the platform, and out of the room through the hole on the floor. After you get out of the room, you will still be shrunk for a while (Be careful if there's any enemies around that could step on you as you've probably discovered in Toxic Dump).
You will want to come out of the room and take a left. There is a small medkit and some protective boots in this area. Take the health if you need it, and you probably should take the boots too, as several parts of this area require you to walk through lava. You will come to an area that looks like the same thing you saw when you looked out the cross window in the puzzle room. This is where you need to go (assuming you dropped the walls in the puzzle room). You will see a darkened area in the distance, that's where you need to go and to get there you will have to fight through a few Octabrains. Once you make it to the other side of the lava pits, you will see a sharply ascending hallway that is made of the "red fire" walls. The walls won't actually hurt you, but they look like they could. You will need to make your way up the path until you come to a plateau.
On the way up the path, there are a few Atomic healths you can grab if you are low on health. Once you reach the plateau, you will see a window with some light streaming in. If you look out the window, you will see the alien spaceship. There is a door which leads to a downward path, that is the way you want to go. After you make it down the path (which gets quite narrow in places), you will see what appears to be a narrow path over a chasm. This is the way to go, but it is not a straight path. It is a series of platforms you have to jump to and be sure to dispose of any enemies lurking about here as they might cause you to fall if you're not careful. This is fairly straightforward as the jumps aren't too difficult but can be a bit frustrating but be warned if you fall off, you die. The Jetpack obviously helps here if you have it, but if you don't (most likely unless you did the secret level Launch Facility), you will have to play a hopping game to get to the other side. On one of the platforms is an RPG launcher - take it, you will need it shortly. Once you make it to the other side, there is a very steep stairwell that hugs the wall. Go up the stairwell, and you will reach a room; towards the back of this room, you will see a large metallic looking door. It is not locked, so go ahead and open it. Behind the door is a short hallway leading to the final approach to the boss and the end of the level. Take out any Octabrains inside here, as if you ignore them; they'll come after you. At the end of the hallway is a green door that will automatically open when you approach it. Inside this door is a seemingly blocked path. However, just inside this door (which will close behind you) is a green alien hand switch.
If you use this switch, a pillar will rise out of the floor revealing the way out, which is a big drop into the floor, When you jump into the hole in the floor, you are dropped into a room, which is just outside the main boss area. This room has a few things which you might find helpful. However, if you just drop all the way to the floor, you will miss them. When you're jumping down the hole, if you hug the wall, you won't end up on the floor, you will end up in one of two alcoves right before the floor. They are high enough that you cannot jump to them from the floor, so the only way to get to them is by landing there on your way down or if you have a Jetpack. One side has a Chaingun Cannon, and the other side has an RPG. Chances are you'll probably have the ammo you need already unless you blasted everything in sight with the RPG and ran out of ammo before you got here. Once you have collected the two weapons, you can jump down to the floor. You will be in a circular room with a large door on one side. That is the door that leads to the boss. If you search the walls for hidden secrets, you will find two alcoves on either side. One has some Chaingun Cannon ammo, and the other is RPG ammo.
Once you have everything open the door which will lead to a large chamber. There's a platform to the left with some babes trapped in Pods
When you get to the second half of the room, the Battlelord will emerge along with an impressive display of explosions as he ascends up the lift on the other side of the room. As this is a boss battle, expect this to be quite a challenge. There is no real secret or trick to beating the Battlelord but you will need to be on your toes as he can kill you easily if you stay still; lots of firepower and being on the move are the key to victory. Make use of the health and ammo in the room. There are some items of use behind the babes in alien pods such as a Jetpack, if you need them , but if you go up there, move quickly, as the Battlelord is likely to wipe you out while you're going for the items.
If you beat the Battlelord, you will see a cinematic after taking out the Battlelord. When you've watched the cutscene, it's time for the second episode Lunar Apocalypse (assuming you're doing this in order).
- Right before you get to a flamepit about 1/3 of the way into the level, if you turn around backwards, you will see some Pipebombs sitting in a darkened corner. To the left of the pipebombs is a section of wall that protrudes out. If you "use" this wall, it will open up a door and some steroids will be in there. Go collect the steroids for the first secret of the level.
- Right after the first secret is a fairly easy second secret. You go through the fire in the pit which is also a teleporter (You'll still take a bit of damage as you go through). You will be teleported to a secret room, where your appearance will give you the second secret for this level.
- The third secret is inside the room you are left in for Secret #2. If you look around the room, you will see an elevated ledge with an RPG on it. Go grab the RPG to collect the secret.
- The fourth secret takes some work to get to. After you make it out of the puzzle room where you're shrunk, and you start to make your way through the lava canyon, you need to wait. Normally you'd go straight through the lava canyon, but on the right, you will see a "lava waterfall" with a series of ledges that go up. The start of this path is shown here. You need to do a lot of hopping in this sequence.you need to continue to follow this path started with the hopping. There is no way to get lost, it only goes one way (unless you fall down into the lava and get swept back to the start). When you get to the top of the path, you will see where the lava waterfall starts. To your right is a crack in the wall. Blow it out with a pipebomb or a rocket, and it will open up another path you need to follow. Once you follow it, you will eventually be led back to an area near the start of the level. At this point you probably will want to go back on the path you took to get this secret, otherwise you'll have to go through the rest of the level to get back to where this secret started.
- If you take the path back from where you were at the end of secret four, you will want to stop at the place where the lava river starts. On the other side of the river is a small platform with a hand on it. Go there and "use" the hand. Doing that will open a wall to the left of the hand. Jump in there and follow a lava river upstream (which can hurt if you don't have any boots). After a short path, you will come to a rock platform. Jump onto that, and follow it. It will lead downward into a cave where a babe is dancing all by herself. Why she would be dancing on her own inside a cave with nobody around? Who knows...
- The final secret of the level is near the large silver door towards the end of the level. If you don't go through it immediately, you can open up a secret door on the wall to the right. Open the door, and go in there. Following the path will lead you to an area outside the aliens' spaceship that will give you the sixth and final secret in this level. There is also an Atomic health in this room you can collect if you need it.
<insert tips here>
Other features Edit
<insert other features here>
Level contents Edit
<insert table here>