Unofficial Expansion packs and add-ons Edit
Several authorized expansion packs and add-ons have been created for Duke Nukem 3D.
- Following the release of the Doom source code in 1997, gamers wanted a similar source code release from 3D Realms. The last major game to make use of the Duke Nukem 3D source code was TNT Team's WWII GI in 1999. Its programmer, Matthew Saettler, obtained permission from 3D Realms to expand the gameplay enhancements done on WWII GI to Duke Nukem 3D. EDuke was released as a patch for Atomic Edition users on July 28, 2000, and included a demo mod made by several beta testers.
- Duke's well-earned vacation has been interrupted by another alien invasion. Armed with a host of exotic weapons, Duke kicks ass once again, tourist-style.
- Aliens have kidnapped the President! But have no fear, Mr. Clinton, Duke's on his way to save you! Duke explores a number of famous Washington D.C. landmarks, shoving freedom and justice down the aliens' throats as he goes.
- Aliens have invaded Santa's grotto, and it's up to Duke to rescue the jolly fat man. Facing down snowmen and evil elves will be a tough challenge, but the real question is: have you been naughty or nice?
- The book is a 3D Realms-authorized product; the CD came with 50 levels.
- An add-on developed by Sunstorm Interactive, containing 50 levels and various utilities. It has sometimes been criticized for its many technical problems.
- A product called Duke!ZONE was once sold by WizardWorks, which contained over 500 levels made by fans of Duke Nukem 3D. WizardWorks later created an add-on called Duke!ZONE II, which contained three episodes of its own design and the same 500+ levels from the first D!ZONE.
- Contains over 1,500 levels
Several unauthorized add-on packs have been made for Duke Nukem 3D.
- Includes over 700 levels downloaded from the Internet
- Includes 500 levels
- Contains various add-ons and levels for the game.
- Nuke It series
- Nuke It (over 300 levels), Nuke It v2.0 (209 levels) and Nuke It 1000 (over 1,000 levels); 3D Realms filed a lawsuit against Micro Star over one of the add-ons, and won.
- Contains 212 levels for Duke Nukem 3D, and content for other games
- Contains over 700 levels
- Contains over 1000 levels
- Contains 314 levels, as well as various other utilities
- The CD contains 150 levels for single play and dukematch, and some sort of level editor.